Many of you have asked… so we are responding.
Legends Cattle Company is making our pasture raised beef available for purchase to our local community.
All of our cattle are pasture raised with no added growth hormones! In order to provide the highest quality beef, each animal designated for Legends Beef production is finished on a forage/grain mixed ration. Now is your opportunity to stock up your freezers! Submit your order today to reserve a processing time. Lead times are currently 60-90 days, so you don’t want to delay.
What Beef Is Available?
- GROUND BEEF $5.00 per lb
Vacuum packed into individual 1-lb frozen packages. Approx. 90% lean. Available for pick-up at the ranch only. 50% deposit required.
- WHOLE BEEF $4.00 per lb
Priced by the hanging weight, approx. 540 to 660 lbs (estimate, not a guarantee). Processing fees are paid directly to processor. $500 deposit required. Scroll down for more order details.
- HALF BEEF $4.50 per lb
Priced by the hanging weight, approx. 270 to 330 lbs (estimate, not a guarantee). Processing fees are paid directly to processor. $300 deposit required. Scroll down for more order details.
- QUARTER BEEF $5.00 per lb
Priced by the hanging weight, approx. 135 to 165 lbs (estimate, not a guarantee). Processing fees are paid directly to processor. $200 deposit required. Scroll down for more order details.
To place an order, please complete the following form.
We will contact you to answer any questions you may have, place your order, and process your deposit.
Order Interest Form
How Much Beef Can I Expect To Receive?
Whole/Half/Quarter Beef will vary, but 600 pounds is an average hanging weight. Packaged meat will yield approximately 70% of the hanging weight. The following chart is an example only, and is not a guarantee of how much beef you will receive:
|Live Animal||Hanging Weight||Whole||Half||Quarter|
|900 lbs||540 lbs||380 lbs||190 lbs||95 lbs|
|1000 lbs||600 lbs||420 lbs||210 lbs||105 lbs|
|1100 lbs||660 lbs||460 lbs||230 lbs||115 lbs|
How Will I Receive My Whole/Half/Quarter Beef?
- For whole/half/quarter beef orders, Legends Cattle will schedule a processing time with one of our vendors, or a professionally certified processor of your choosing (Any processor further than 50 miles from Emory, TX will be subject to an additional surcharge).
- You will then work directly with the processor to select your desired cuts.
- The processor will notify you when your order is ready. Expect lead times of 2-3 months.
- Final payment is due before picking up your order.
- You will be responsible for picking up your beef from the processor.
How Do I Place An Order?
- Complete the Order Interest Form on this page or
- Call our main number 903-560-8311
- We accept most any form of payment including cash, check, credit card, Paypal, or Venmo.
- Whole/Half/Quarter beef orders require the following deposits:
- Whole – $500
- Half – $300
- Quarter – $200
What Is The Estimated Total Cost For Whole/Half/Quarter Beef?
The following table serves as a reference to help give you an estimate of the total cost of ordering a whole/half/quarter side of beef, including processing fees. Each order will be unique depending on the live weight, hanging weight and cuts of beef chosen.
|Order||Legends Price||Processing Fee||Total|
|Whole||$2,160 - $2,640||$270 - $585||$2,430 - $3,225|
|Half||$1,080 - $1,320||$135 - $305||$1,215 - $1,625|
|Quarter||$540 - $660||$67 - $148||$607 - $808|
What Are The Typical Cuts of Beef In A Half Order?
You will provide instructions to the processor about the types of cuts you prefer, thickness of steaks, etc. The example below is a common cut sheet, based on 600 pound (whole) hanging weight. Note, if you prefer more ground beef and less roasts this is an easy substitution.